Your small group tour departs from the cruise terminal on one of our air-conditioned bus. This tour takes you on a 2 hours scenic journey around the city of Montego Bay where you will learn the history that surrounds the tourist capital from as early as 1494. You will visit Sam Sharpe square, which acquire its name from one of our national heroes who was executed for his role in the 1831–32 Emancipation War. The square boast many historic spots; namely the civic center, the cage, and monuments of our national heroes. A tour of the beautiful Montego Bay Cultural Center: A Museum and Art Gallery which traces the history of the city from the first settlers to the present. It is here that you will learn about Montego Bay’s early days as a sugarcane port as well as its darker days of slavery. After visiting the museum enjoy the taste of our cocktail Jamaican beef patties – a seasoned meat filling inside a flaky pastry shell. Stop briefly at the St. James Parish church over 200 years old, set on a classic Greek cross shape. As elaborate 1911 stained glass window highlights the memorials to important figures in the history of Montego Bay. Your tour continues to the beautiful Richmond Hill for a panoramic view of the city 500 feet above sea level. It was once property of the Dewars, members of the proud Scott’s clan from which the famous whisky takes its name. This 1700’s Great house housed many famous people; including: Richard Nixon, John Rollins, Roger Moore, Steve McQueen, Dustin Hoffman, Rosie Greer, Paul Newman, Eddy Murphy, Butch Stewart, plus various heads of Governments. (Optional: entrance to the property is 2.00 per person which is paid on arrival). 20 minutes optional shopping is available. Then off to the beach for a half day of fun in the Sun. Beach time is approximately 3hrs. Beach chairs and umbrellas are an extra $6 which is payable to the beach.
- Tour rate includes: Round Trip Transportation, Guided Tour, Beach Entrance, Entrance to the Museum, Snack, Bottle Water.
- Tour Departs: one hour after arrival. Departure starts at 9:00 am. (Please note: If ship arrives at 7 am departure time is 9:00 am. If ship arrives at 9 am then departure time is 10 am. Meeting Tome is 20 minutes before departure.
- Tour Duration: 5 ½ hours.
- Things to bring: Towels, swimwear, camera, money for lunch and shopping.
- How to find us: Exit the arrival lobby to the independent area and your Fun Tours Jamaica representative will be waiting for you. Staff are identified by uniform logo and Funtours Jamaica sign.