Take a breathtaking experience of the blue mountain on the Blue Mountain Bicycle Tour. This three-hour bicycle downhill adventure actually starts at 5600 feet above the sea. The New York Times called it “one of the best scenic vistas in the Caribbean.
First, you will travel by bus from Montego Bay Ocho Rios, where you will have breakfast, then continue to Blue Mountain by bus. Upon reaching blue mountain, you stop at an open-air restaurant located at 2,600 feet above sea level; there you’ll enjoy a sumptuous Jamaican brunch and as much real Blue Mountain coffee as you can drink. After a healthy tummy, you will gear up for a thrilling experience. The tour moves leisurely at around 5-10 miles per hour. With a ratio of one guide per eight riders, each guest is assured of quality service, safety, and personal attention at all times. You will fall in love with the beauty of the landscapes, the pristine streams and waterfalls, misty slopes, and varied species of Jamaican birds, wildflowers, and plants. You will learn about Jamaican culture and enjoy a leisure downhill bicycle ride or a bus ride through the lush tropical rain forest, home to over hundreds of species of birds and blossoming plant life. You will also be able to view Blue Mountain coffee plantations, home of the famous Blue Mountain.
The tour is not over until you take an exhilarating dip at a cool cascading waterfall. This tour includes round-trip transportation, brunch, and lunch, a guided tour, bicycles, and safety gear.
- The Tour rate includes Round-trip transportation, a guided tour, snacks, and lunch.
- Tour Departs: Departure time depends on the location of the hotel and will be confirmed after booking. Tours are picked up from the hotel lobby. Please be present 5 minutes before departure.
- Tour Duration: 13-14 hours. Tours depart at approximately 6:00 am from the Montego Bay area. Bicycle duration is approximately 2 to 3 hours. 9-18 miles downhill. Riders should be between ages 7 to 60 years old. Older than 60 years will ride on the bus downhill.
- Things to bring: Wear comfortable clothing and footwear. Bring sunblock, sunglasses, cash for souvenirs, and gratuities. Leave jewelry and other valuables behind. Carry your electronic devices in a waterproof container.
- Cancellation: Fun Tours Jamaica Limited reserves the right to change, and modify any information on the website without notice. (2) Prices include round-trip transportation and meals where specified in the tour description. (3) Some tours have a minimum booking requirement or a maximum number of participants; therefore, all tours are subjected to cancellation depending on the booking requirement and weather conditions or any other reason, and Fun Tours shall not be liable for any loss to the guest by such cancellation. (4) In the event of tour cancellation, the guest will be notified and a full refund will be provided to the original method of payment. (5) If a client needs to cancel, a cancellation notice must be given 48 hours prior to the tour start date to receive a full refund. Cancellation made 48 hours to 24 Hours will attract a 20% penalty. No refund will be provided for cancellations made less than 24 hours or for no-shows.